Introduction to TCP/IP
The CCNA exam topics covered in this chapter include the following:
- Describe how a network works
- Describe the purpose and basic operation of the protocols in the OSI and TCP models.
- Identify and correct common network problems at layers 1, 2, 3, and 7 using a layered model approach.
- Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network.
- Describe the operation and benefits of using private and public IP addressing.
The Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) suite was created by the Department of Defense (DoD) to ensure and preserve data integrity as well as maintain communications in the event of catastrophic war. ...