Answers to Review Questions
1. D. A point-to-point link uses only two hosts. A /30, or 255.255.255.252, mask provides two hosts per subnet.
2. C. To test the local stack on your host, ping the loopback interface of 127.0.0.1.
3. B. The only connection type that supports the use of the /30 mask is point-to-point.
4. C. To use VLSM, the routing protocols in use possess the capability to transmit subnet mask information.
5. D. Another term for route aggregation is summarization.
6. A. Route aggregation results in smaller routing tables.
7. D. The network address used to advertise a summary address is always the first network in the block.
8. D. When a ping to the loopback address fails, you can assume the IP stack has failed to initialize.
9. C. ...