Implement and Verify WAN Links
The Cisco CCNA exam objectives covered in this chapter include the following:
- Describe different methods for connecting to a WAN.
- Configure and verify a basic WAN serial connection.
- Configure and verify Frame Relay on Cisco routers.
- Troubleshoot WAN implementation issues.
- Describe VPN technology (including importance, benefits, role, impact, and components).
- Configure and verify a PPP connection between Cisco routers.
The Cisco IOS supports many Wide Area Network (WAN) protocols that can extend your local LANs to LANs at remote sites. It would not be cost-effective or efficient to install your own cable and connect all of your company’s remote locations. A better and less expensive way to connect remote ...