No credit card required
This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Intrusion Detection Versus Intrusion Prevention: Understanding the ability to view and alert versus viewing, alerting, and performing an action.
• Intrusion Prevention Terminology: The language and definition of the security control components and countermeasures.
• Network Intrusion Prevention Approaches: The options available to security administrators when deploying a network IPS in their environment.
• Endpoint Security Approaches: The options to protect various endpoints in a network infrastructure.
• A Systems Approach to Security: Security has multiple layers, and each layer has vulnerabilities that need to be protected.