In this chapter, you will
• Be introduced to common network services and devices
• Learn about network topologies
• Learn about types of cabling
• Take a look at access methods
• Learn about network architectures
• Learn virtualization fundamentals
This chapter offers a brief introduction to networking and some basic networking terms and concepts that you’ll need to understand for the Cisco CCT and CCNA exams. You may already be familiar with this material; in that case, the chapter will provide a review of basic network concepts. For the exams, you should understand the various networking topologies used in networks, as well as different types of networks, such as local area networks (LANs) and wide ...