72 Certification Guide Series: IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.1
Installing from a wizard
Use the following steps to install event synchronization from the installation
1. On the event server, launch the event synchronization installation:
– On Windows, double-click the setupwin32.exe file in the \TEC
subdirectory on the IBM Tivoli Monitoring installation media.
– On Linux or UNIX, change to the /<os_type>/tec subdirectory of the IBM
Tivoli Monitoring installation media, and run the following command:
Where <operating_system> is the operating system on which you are
2. Click Next in the Welcome window.
3. Select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
4. Complete the fields in Table 4-3 and click Next.
Table 4-3 Tivoli Enterprise Console event synchronization configuration fields
5. Complete the information shown in Table 4-4 on page 73 about the files
where events will be written and click Next.
Name of configuration file The name of the file where event synchronization
configuration information is stored. The default name is
Number of seconds to sleep when no new
The polling interval, in seconds.
Number of bytes to use to save last event Number of bytes that the long running process will use when
it saves the location of the last event it processes. This value
must be an integer. The minimum (and default) is 50.
URL of the CMS SOAP Server The URL for the SOAP server configured on the computer
where the monitoring server is running. The default value is
cms/soap. This value is used to create the URL to which
Tivoli Enterprise Console sends event information.
Rate for sending SOAP requests to CMS
from TEC via web services
Rate for sending SOAP requests to CMS from Tivoli
Enterprise Console through Web services.
Level of debug detail for log The level of information for event synchronization that will be