The second edition for this video title is available. Please go to Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), 2nd Edition https://learning.oreilly.com/videos/certified-kubernetes-application/9780137841509/.
9+ Hours of Video Instruction
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Complete Video Course provides more than 9 hours of video instruction for IT professionals preparing to take the CKAD exam, which requires an in-depth knowledge of how to develop, create, manage, store, and troubleshoot Kubernetes applications.
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Complete Video Course provides more than 9 hours of video instruction for IT professionals‚Äìincluding IT Administrators, DevOps Engineers, Software Developers, IT Architects, and Hybrid Cloud Administrators‚Äìpreparing to take the CKAD exam, which requires an in-depth knowledge of how to develop, create, manage, store, and troubleshoot Kubernetes applications.
The course includes labs, demonstrations, and lightboard explanations by best-selling author and presenter Sander van Vugt. This course first provides a full introduction to containers and Kubernetes; it then moves through the process of creating, managing, and storing applications. The title provides labs for working with the API using curl, as well as using NameSpace and managing pods. You will also learn how to manage deployments, services, ingress, and setting up storage; and you will get a full walkthrough of key troubleshooting scenarios. The course ends with a sample exam so you can practice before taking the real test.
Module 1: Getting Started
Module 2: Kubernetes Essentials
Module 3: Building and Exposing Scalable Applications
Module 4: Sample Exams
About the Instructor
Sander van Vugt has been teaching Linux classes since 1995 and has written more than 60 books about different Linux-related topics, including the best-selling RHCSA-RHCE 7 Cert Guide. Sander is also the author of more than 25 video courses, including Kubernetes Fundamentals. He teaches courses for customers around the world, and is also a regular speaker on major conferences related to open source software. Sander is also the founder of the Living Open Source Foundation, a non-profit organization that teaches open source to talent in different African countries.
Learn How To
- Best prepare to pass the Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Exam
- Run applications in containers
- Develop, create, manage, store, and troubleshoot Kubernetes applications
- Manage API options
- Manage pods
- Manage deployment and networking
- Manage ingress and storage
- Manage ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Troubleshoot Kubernetes
Who Should Take This Course
This course is developed for IT professionals‚Äìincluding IT Administrators, DevOps Engineers, Software Developers, IT Architects, and Hybrid Cloud Administrators‚Äìwho want to manage container deployment in their containerized devops environment using Kubernetes.
To work on the lab assignments in this course, participants need access to one virtual machine running a recent version of Fedora Workstation.
Module 1, "Getting Started," explains all you need to know before starting the real CKAD topics. The first lesson covers containers. The module then gets into describing what Kubernetes is, and last, Kubernetes Deployment options and setting up a lab environment are discussed.
Module 2, "Kubernetes Essentials," teaches concepts that are extremely important for passing the CKAD exam. The first lesson covers the Kubernetes API, and the different options available when working in Kubernetes. This module ends with an in-depth explanation of all things pods-related.
Module 3, "Building and Exposing Scalable Applications," covers all the different components required to offer users access to Pods. This module discusses deployments and their features that make replication and updates easy. Next, it covers exposing Pod access using Services and Ingress. Following that, there will be a demo on storage using volumes and ConfigMaps, and in the last lesson in this module we'll cover how to troubleshoot in Kubernetes.
Module 4, "Sample Exams," contains a sample exam, as well as some exam tips.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of contents
- Module 1: Getting Started
- Lesson 1: Understanding and Using Containers
- Lesson 2: Understanding Kubernetes
- Lesson 3: Creating a Lab Environment
- Module 2: Kubernetes Essentials
Lesson 4: Understanding API and Management Options
- Learning objectives
- 4.1 Understanding the Main Kubernetes Objects
- 4.2 Understanding the Kubernetes API
- 4.3 Using Kubernetes Dashboard to Manage API Objects
- 4.4 Using kubectl to Manage API Objects
- 4.5 Using curl to Work with API Objects
- 4.6 Understanding Authentication and Authorization
- Lesson 4 Lab: Using curl to Work With the API
- Lesson 4 Lab Solution: Using curl to Work With the API
- Lesson 5: Managing Pod Basic Features
Lesson 6: Managing Pod Advanced Features
- Learning objectives
- 6.1 Inspecting Pods
- 6.2 Monitoring Pods
- 6.3 Using Port Forwarding to Access Pods
- 6.4 Understanding SecurityContext
- 6.5 Managing Jobs
- 6.6 Managing Cron Jobs
- 6.7 Managing Resource Limitations
- 6.8 Managing Init Containers
- Lesson 6 Lab: Managing Pod Advanced Features
- Lesson 6 Lab Solution: Managing Pod Advanced Features
- Module 3: Building and Exposing Scalable Applications
- Lesson 7: Managing Deployments
Lesson 8: Managing Networking
- Learning objectives
- 8.1 Understanding Pod Access Options
- 8.2 Understanding Services
- 8.3 Creating Services using kubectl expose
- 8.4 Managing Services Manifest Files
- 8.5 Understanding Kubernetes Networking
- 8.6 Understanding Services and DNS
- 8.7 Understanding Network Policies
- Lesson 8 Lab: Managing Services
- Lesson 8 Lab Solution: Managing Services
- Lesson 9: Managing Ingress
- Lesson 10: Managing Storage
- Lesson 11: Managing ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Lesson 12: Troubleshooting Kubernetes
- Lesson 13: Using Service Accounts
- Module 4: Sample Exams
- Lesson 14: Sample Exam
- Title: Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- Release date: January 2021
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 0136677622
You might also like
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Study Guide
Exclusively on O'Reilly: Get more hands-on training and test your CKAD exam readiness by working through …
Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD), 2nd Edition
13+ Hours of Video Instruction An updated edition of this video title is available. Please go …
See it. Learn it. Do it! Microservices designs require you to change how you build and …
Certified Kubernetes CKAD & CKA (Video Collection)
Overview A full deep-dive training to learn how to run applications on Kubernetes and pass the …