As featured on The Today Show!
12,500 entries. 196 countries. 365 days.
Find out what's going on any day of the year, anywhere across the globe!
If you're looking to tie a promotional event to a special month, create a suggested reading list based on a literary birth anniversary, travel to a music festival halfway around the world, blog about a historical milestone or do a celebrity birthday round-up on your radio show or Twitterfeed, Chase's Calendar of Events is the one resource that has it all. For broadcasters, journalists, event planners, public relations professionals, librarians, editors, writers or simply the curious, this is one reference you can't do without!
Chase's Calendar of Events 2014 brings you:
- Major sporting events such as the Games of the XXII Winter Olympiad at Sochi, Russia (Feb 7-23), and the FIFA World Cup in Brazil (June 12-July 13).
- Milestones such as the 450th birth anniversary of William Shakespeare; the 200th anniversary of "The Star- Spangled Banner"; the 100th anniversaries of the beginning of World War I and the opening of the Panama Canal; the 75th anniversary of the beginning of World War II; the 50th anniversaries of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Beatlemania and much more.
- New birthday entries for sports stars such as Mo Farah (Mar 23), Ryan Lochte (Aug 3) and Gabrielle Douglas (Dec 31); actors such as Kerry Washington (Jan 31), Lena Dunham (May 13) and Mads Mikkelsen (Nov 22); musical artists such as Carly Rae Jepsen (Nov 21) and Psy (Dec 31); and authors such as Téa Obreht (Sept 30) and Ann Patchett (Dec 2) and many others.
- Special days such as National Ferret Day (Apr 2), World Lindy Hop Day (May 26), Extra Mile Day (Nov 1), Lost and Found Day (Dec 12) and more.
Search Chase's Any Way You Want!
Whether you want to target a specifi c date, location or subject, our fully searchable CD-ROM (PCand MAC-compatible) makes your research quick and easy. Also included is a free installer, so you can load Chase’s directly to your hard drive.
Table of contents
- 2014 Chase’s Calendar of Events
- Copyright Page
- CD Content
- Spotlight on 2014 Anniversaries and Events
- Spotlight on the Past: 1864, 1914, 1939, 1964, 1989
Spotlight on World and American Anniversaries:
- 450th Birth Anniversary of William Shakespeare (1564)
- Storming the Bastille (1789)
- World War I Begins (1914)
- Panama Canal Opens (1914)
- World War II Begins (1939)
- Beatlemania (1964)
- “The Star-Spangled Banner” (1814)
- George Washington Carver Birth Anniversary (1864)
- Nevada Statehood (1864)
- Mother’s Day: First Official Observance (1914)
- Joe Louis Birth Anniversary (1914)
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 (1964)
- Spotlight on People
- Spotlight on 2014 Events
- Calendar of Events: Jan 1–Dec 31, 2014
- Calendar Information for the Years 2014–2016
- Looking Forward: Future Anniversaries and Major Events
- Perpetual Calendar
- National Days of the World for 2014
- Selected Special Years: 1995–2014
- Chinese Calendar
- Wedding Anniversary Gifts
- World Map of Time Zones
- Universal, Standard and Daylight Times
- Leap Seconds
- Astronomical Phenomena for the Years 2014–2016
- The Naming of Hurricanes
- Some Facts About the US Presidents
- Some Facts About the United States
- State & Territory Abbreviations: United States
- State Governors/US Senators/US Supreme Court
- Some Facts About Canada
- Province & Territory Abbreviations: Canada
- Some Facts About Mexico
- 2014 Special Months
- Presidential Proclamations
- Major Awards Presented in 2012–2013
- For Download
- Title: Chase's Calendar of Events 2014, 57th Edition
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071830911
You might also like
The Literature Book
" Books, let's face it, are better than anything else." Nick Hornby Turn the pages of …
You, Only Better
If you want to be happy, fulfilled and energised its probably best not to obsess over …
The Science Book
Discover 80 trail-blazing scientific ideas, which underpin our modern world, giving us everything from antibiotics to …
Computer Science Illuminated, 7th Edition
Fully revised aDesigned for the introductory computing and computer science course, the student-friendly Computer Science Illuminated, …