Mock Test 4
- Red precipitate is obtained when ethanol solution of dimethylglyoxime is added to ammoniacal Ni(II).
Which of the following statements is not true?
- Red complex has a tetrahedral geometry
- Complex has symmetrical H-bonding
- Red complex has a square planar geometry.
- Dimethylglyoxime functions as bidentate ligand.
- During change of O2 to O2− ion, the electron adds on which one of the following orbitals ?
a. π*orbital b. σ orbital c. σ* orbital d. π orbital
- Consider the reaction:
RCHO + NH2NH2 → RCH = N – NH2
What sort of reaction is it?
- Electrophilic substitution –elemination reaction
- Free radical addition – elimination ...