In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Provide an overview of the computer crime investigation process and its methodology
• Prepare for an investigation, including obtaining the necessary warrants and evaluating and securing the scene
• Collect and secure the evidence in a forensically sound manner
• Explain different techniques for acquiring and analyzing the data
• Summarize the importance of evidence and case assessment
• Prepare the final investigation report and testify in court
Regardless of whether you’re conducting a digital forensics investigation or a digital investigation as either a digital forensics investigator (DFI) or an incident responder ...