A powerful new model for driving positive change in any business
In Choosing Change, two renowned leaders in the field of organizational change teach business leaders how to create “change leaders” and change-focused companies—a two-pronged approach that has been proven effective.
Part One leverages cutting-edge thinking from psychology, neuroscience, and executive development to provide real, actionable help in the creation of a 21st century change leader. Part Two explores organizational theory, management, and organizational learning to provide real and actionable help in creating a new kind of change-focused organization that integrates change into organizational DNA.
Walter McFarland is 2013 Chairman of ASTD and a consulting executive focused on the leadership of large scale organizational change. He is a former Senior Vice President at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Susan Goldsworthy is a Master International Coach, author, and former Olympic finalist. She teaches and speaks internationally on the topics of executive development, leadership, and change.
Table of contents
- Choosing Change: How Leaders and Organizations Drive Results One Person at a Time
- Copyright Page
- Introduction The Choice of Choosing Change
PART 1 THE CHANGE-FOCUSED LEADER
- Chapter 1 Disruption: What Conscious Choice Will You Make?
- Chapter 2 Desire: What Do You Really Want to Change?
- Chapter 3 Discipline: What Are Your Small Steps to Big Success?
- Chapter 4 Determination: How Can You Embrace the Setbacks?
- Chapter 5 Development: How Will You Keep Growing and Who Will Help You?
- Bridge Moving from a Change-Focused Leader to a Change-Focused Organization
PART II THE CHANGE-FOCUSED ORGANIZATION
- Chapter 6 Disruption: Balancing Challenge and Opportunity
- Chapter 7 Desire: Building Motivation to Change
- Chapter 8 Discipline: Coordinating Energy, Focus, and Effort
- Chapter 9 Determination: Coping with Setbacks
- Chapter 10 Development: Learning Continuously About Change
- Final Thoughts Focusing on the Future of Change
- Title: Choosing Change: How Leaders and Organizations Drive Results One Person at a Time
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071816250
You might also like
Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations
“ Leading at a Higher Level translates decades of research and 25 years of global experience …
Leading with Emotional Intelligence: Hands-On Strategies for Building Confident and Collaborative Star Performers
Everyone agrees that Emotional Intelligence (EI) plays a key role in overall success. But when it …
Objectives and Key Results
Everything you need to implement Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) effectively Objectives and Key Results is …
Like a great leader, a great leadership training aligns the right people to the right task …