Prepare for Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 exam success with this Cisco Exam Cram from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT.
Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Exam Cram, Second Edition is the perfect study guide to help you pass the Cisco ICND1 100-101 exam, providing coverage and practice questions for every exam topic. The book contains an extensive set of preparation tools such as exam objective mapping; a self-assessment section that helps you evaluate your motivations and exam readiness; concise, easy-to-read exam topic overviews; Exam Alerts that highlight key concepts; bullet lists and summaries for easy review; Cram Savers, Cram Quizzes, and chapter-ending practice questions that help you assess your knowledge and test your understanding; Notes that indicate areas of concern or specialty training; Tips to help you build a better foundation of knowledge; and an extensive glossary of terms and acronyms. The book also contains the extremely useful Cram Sheet tear-out that represents a collection of the most difficult-to-remember facts and numbers you should memorize before taking the test. Complementing all these study tools is the powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software, complete with hundreds of exam-realistic practice questions. This assessment software offers you a wealth of customization option and reporting features, allowing you to test your knowledge in study mode, practice exam mode, or flash card mode.
Covers the critical information you’ll need to know to score higher on your Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 exam!
· Identify the protocols that operate at specific OSI layers
· Learn the details of custom subnetting with IPv4
· Understand and implement IPv6
· Connect, configure, and manage Cisco routers and switches
· Set up security for routers and switches
· Create VLANs and set up switch-to-switch trunk links
· Configure, verify, and troubleshoot OSPFv2 and OSPFv3
· Anticipate the actions a router will take
· Understand and use CDP for neighbor discovery
· Learn the detailed learning and forwarding process of both routers and switches
· Filter traffic from one network to another with access control lists (ACLs)
· Deploy Network Address Translation (NAT) and IOS router DHCP services
· Troubleshoot many types of network problems
Mike Valentine has been in the IT field for 16 years, focusing on network design and implementation. He is a Cisco Certified Systems Instructor (#31461) and specializes in Cisco Unified Communications instruction as well as CCNA and CCNP courses. His accessible, humorous, and effective teaching style has demystified Cisco for hundreds of students since he began teaching in 2002.
Keith Barker, CCIE No. 6783 R/S & Security, is a 27-year veteran of the networking industry. He currently works at CBT Nuggets. His past experience includes EDS, Blue Cross, Paramount Pictures, and KnowledgeNET, and he has delivered CCIE-level training for several years.