“ The Cisco Firewall Video Mentoris an outstanding aide in learning to configure and understand the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance. Whether you are a newcomer to the ASA or operationally experienced, these videos clearly explain and demonstrate how to configure and manage the ASA from the commandline and from the ASDM GUI.”
–Mark Macumber, Systems Engineer, Cisco
Cisco Firewall Video Mentoris a unique video product that provides you with more than five hours of personal visual instruction from best-selling author and lead network engineer David Hucaby. In the 16 videos presented on the DVD, David walks you through common Cisco® firewall configuration and troubleshooting tasks. Designed to develop and enhance hands-on skills, each 10—30 minute video guides you through essential configuration tasks on the Cisco ASA and FWSM platforms and shows you how to verify that firewalls are working correctly.
Each video lab presents objectives, dynamic lab topology diagrams, command syntax overviews, and video captures of command-line input and GUI configuration. All of this is coupled with thorough audio instruction by an industry expert making learning easy and engaging.
Animated network diagrams show you lab setup, device addressing, and how traffic flows through the network.
Command-Line Interface (CLI) Video:
Video screencasts of ASA and FWSM CLI and the ASDM GUI demonstrate command entry, configuration techniques, and device response.
This video product is part of the Cisco Press® Video Mentor Series. The video products in this series present expert training from industry-leading instructors and technologists. This dynamic learning environment combines animations, screencasts, and audio instruction to help users bridge the gap between conceptual knowledge and hands on application.
Microsoft Windows XP, 2000, or Vista
Apple OS 9 or later
Linux operating systems that have a web browser with Flash 7 or later plug-in
Speakers or headphones
Color display with a minimum 1024x768 resolution
1 GHz or faster CPU recommended
Table of Contents
- Introduction 00:02:10
- Lab 1: Initial Configuration 00:16:35
- Lab 2: Configuring Interfaces 00:24:31
- Lab 3: Setting Up Routing 00:19:18
- Lab 4: Firewall Administration over the Network 00:17:40
- Lab 5: Using Multiple Security Contexts 00:24:13
- Lab 6: Using Failover for High Availability 00:30:50
- Lab 7: Failover in Action 00:21:17
- Lab 8: Setting Up Address Translation and Connection Limits 00:21:38
- Lab 9: Setting Up Firewall Rules 00:26:54
- Lab 10: Setting Up a DMZ 00:14:50
- Lab 11: Setting Up Logging 00:22:02
- Lab 12: Using MPF to Control Layer 3/4 Connections 00:19:47
- Lab 13: Using MPF to Perform QoS Queuing and Policing 00:17:59
- Lab 14: Using MPF to Tune Application Inspection Engines 00:17:25
- Lab 15: Testing Security Policies with Packet Tracer 00:10:24
- Lab 16: Capturing Traffic 00:18:20
- Title: Cisco Firewall Video Mentor (Video Learning)
- Release date: May 2008
- Publisher(s): Cisco Press
- ISBN: 9781587202186