Get full access to Cisco LAN Switching and 60K+ other titles, with free 10-day trial of O'Reilly.
There's also live online events, interactive content, certification prep materials, and more.
This chapter covers the following key topics:
• VLANs—The chapter begins with a range of virtual LAN (VLAN)-related topics from using VLANs to create a scalable design to pruning VLANs from trunk links.
• Spanning Tree—Covers important Spanning Tree issues that are essential to constructing a stable network.
• Load Balancing—Discusses the five techniques available for increasing campus network bandwidth.
• Routing/Layer 3 Switching—Discusses issues such as MLS (routing switches) and switching routers.
• ATM—Examines valid reasons for using ATM in your campus network and how to deploy it in a scalable fashion.
• Campus Migrations—Provides recommendations for migrating your campus network.
• Server Farms ...
Get Cisco LAN Switching now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.
Get Mark Richards’s Software Architecture Patterns ebook to better understand how to design components—and how they should interact.