Get Cisco LAN Switching now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.
This chapter covers the following key topics:
• Real-World Design Issues—This chapter presents an opportunity to apply the skills learned in earlier chapters in two real-world designs.
• Campus-Wide VLANs—Considers the real-world downsides of flat earth designs.
• MLS Design—Discusses and analyzes the pros and cons of a campus design that uses Multilayer Switching (MLS) for Layer 3 switching.
• Hardware-Based Routing Design—Analyzes the benefits and unique characteristics of a campus design based on the Catalyst 8500-style of hardware-based routing.
• Configuration Examples—Looks at actual configurations for two different campus designs.
Previous chapters have focused on building specific skills ...