Get full access to Cisco LAN Switching and 60K+ other titles, with free 10-day trial of O'Reilly.
There's also live online events, interactive content, certification prep materials, and more.
This chapter covers the following key topics:
• Real-World Design Issues—This chapter presents an opportunity to apply the skills learned in earlier chapters in two real-world designs.
• Campus-Wide VLANs—Considers the real-world downsides of flat earth designs.
• MLS Design—Discusses and analyzes the pros and cons of a campus design that uses Multilayer Switching (MLS) for Layer 3 switching.
• Hardware-Based Routing Design—Analyzes the benefits and unique characteristics of a campus design based on the Catalyst 8500-style of hardware-based routing.
• Configuration Examples—Looks at actual configurations for two different campus designs.
Previous chapters have focused on building specific skills ...
Get Cisco LAN Switching now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.
Get Mark Richards’s Software Architecture Patterns ebook to better understand how to design components—and how they should interact.