See the following sections for configuration information about these topics:
• 5-1: Layer 3 Switching: Describes the process involved with Layer 3 switching and the switching elements needed to perform Layer 3 switching
• 5-2: Layer 3 Ethernet Interfaces: Explains the steps needed to configure Ethernet interfaces for Layer 3 processing
• 5-3: Layer 3 EtherChannels: Covers the method for configuring multiple interfaces into a single logical channel that can be configured for Layer 3 processing
• 5-4: WAN Interfaces: Describes how to configure Layer 3 WAN interfaces installed in Catalyst 6500 switches
• 5-5: Layer 3 Virtual Interfaces: Explains how to configure a logical VLAN or BVI to perform Layer 3 processing ...