See the following sections for configuration information about these topics:
• 6-1: VLAN Configuration: Describes the method for configuring, creating, and configuring VLANs on a switch
• 6-2: VLAN Port Assignments: Explains how to assign a port to a VLAN using static or dynamic methods
• 6-3: Trunking: Covers the method for extending a VLAN beyond the boundaries of a single switch through tagging mechanisms
• 6-4: VLAN Trunking Protocol: Describes the Cisco proprietary protocol for maintaining a forwarding path between switches that are trunking and how to prune for unused VLANs
• 6-5: Private VLANs: Explains the feature that allows for more granular traffic control within the VLAN using the private VLAN structure ...