See the following sections for configuration information about these topics:
• 7-1: STP Operation: Explains the spanning-tree algorithm in relation to the processes and decisions made by a switch
• 7-2: STP Configuration: Presents the basic steps needed to configure the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
• 7-3: STP Convergence Tuning: Covers the more advanced steps needed to configure and tune STP convergence
• 7-4: Navigating the Spanning-Tree Topology: Offers suggestions on how to find the root of a spanning-tree topology and how to map out an active topology by hand
• STP detects and prevents Layer 2 bridging loops from forming. Parallel paths can exist, but only one is allowed to forward ...