Cisco devices come with all the tools you need to secure them and control access to segments of the network. However, you have to understand how these utilities work and how to properly configure them. Otherwise, the results may not be what you expect. In this chapter, you'll learn both the logic of the security features of Cisco devices and the proper way to configure these features to achieve the desired results. Specifically, this chapter covers the following topics:
- Understanding standard access lists
- Understanding extended access lists
- Configuring numbered access lists
- Configuring named access lists
- Editing access lists using sequence numbers
- Understanding Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Implementing Static ...