More than 6 Hours of Video Instruction
More than 6 hours of concentrated training on the CISSP exam’s most challenging concepts along with exposure to the most common exam traps, pitfalls, and difficulties. The author additionally walks through sample questions for each domain in the exam, so you can see the types of exam questions you’ll experience and learn how to work through complications and snags you might find on the exam. This is the perfect course for anyone about to take the exam.
CISSP Exam Prep LiveLessons provides 6+ hours of deep-dive training on common CISSP exam traps, pitfalls, and difficulties. The goal of theCISSP Exam Prep LiveLessons is to give you the edge you need to pass the rigorous exam and attain the CISSP Certification. This course is designed to familiarize you with test-taking strategies, review “must know”, and “challenging” concepts, practice answering exam questions, and most importantly give you the confidence to pass your exam with flying colors. This course is NOT designed to be a comprehensive study guide. Instead we will be focusing on components of the ISC2 CBK (common body of knowledge) that fall into one of four categories.
Sari Greene, best-selling author of the CISSP Complete Video Course, will also walk you through practice questions throughout, highlighting how to answer difficult questions and reduce errors. She will end with a discussion on winning exam day strategies, so you can make the most of your time as you prepare. This is targeted exam prep training, so you can make the most of your knowledge when taking the test.
- Areas that many candidates have found difficult, such as cryptography.
- Foundation concepts and models that are generally unfamiliar; for example, * and simple properties, the relationship between the OSI and TCP/IP models, and OECD privacy principles.
- Emerging topics such as Federated Identify Management, IP Convergence, or Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) processes.
- Specialized areas of knowledge such digital forensics, mitigating source code flaws such as XXS or SQL injection, or software development processes.
About the Instructor
Sari Greene is an information security practitioner, author, and entrepreneur. She founded Sage Data Security in 2002 and has amassed thousands of hours in the field, working with a spectrum of technical, operational, and management personnel, as well as boards of directors, regulators, and service providers. From 2006 through 2010, she served as the managing director for the MEAPC, a coalition of 24 financial institutions that embrace a mission of preventing information theft and fraud through public education and awareness. Since 2010, she has served as the chair of the annual Cybercrime Symposium held in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Sari’s first text was Tools and Techniques for Securing Microsoft Networks, commissioned by Microsoft to train its partner channel, followed soon after by the first edition of Security Policies and Procedures: Principles and Practices. She has published a number of articles and whitepapers related to information security and has been quoted in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CNN, and on CNBC. She speaks regularly at security conferences and workshops around the country and is a frequent guest lecturer. Sari has an MBA from the University of New Hampshire system and has earned an array of government and industry certifications and accreditations, including ISACA Certification in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), ISACA Certification in Security Management (CISM), (ISC)
- Beginning to Intermediate
What You Will Learn
- Tips to prepare for the Exam
- Targeted deep-dive lessons on the most challenging topics and concepts on the exam
- Practice question walkthrough, so you can learn techniques for answering questions and also see what types of questions might appear on the exam
- Winning exam day strategies
This course is designed to be used by anyone hoping to take the CISSP exam.
The ideal target student has already studied each domain on the CISSP exam.
About LiveLessons Video Training
Pearson’s LiveLessons video training series publishes the industry’s leading video tutorials for IT pros, developers, sys admins, devops, network engineers, and certification candidates. LiveLessons feature the highest-quality professional skills training led by recognized author instructors published by Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT certification, programming, development, networking, software skills for the home, office, and business, and more. Your purchase provides you with lifetime online access to the content.
Table of contents
- Module 1: Preparing for the Exam
- Lesson 1: The CISSP Exam
- Lesson 2: Test Taking Strategies
- Module 2: Challenging Topics and Concepts
- Lesson 3: Domain 1—Security and Risk Management
- Lesson 4: Domain 2—Asset Security
Lesson 5: Domain 3—Security Engineering
- Learning objectives
- 5.1 Applying the Star and Simple Properties
- 5.2 Deciphering Ciphers and Algorithms
- 5.3 Demystifying Symmetric and Asymmetric Encryption
- 5.4 Applying Asymmetric Encryption
- 5.5 Understanding Hashing
- 5.6 Examining Digital Signatures
- 5.7 Deconstructing the Digital Certificate Lifecycle
- 5.8 Understanding Cryptographic Protocols
- 5.9 Assessing Cryptographic Attacks
- 5.10 Understanding Database Security
- 5.11 Exam Practice Questions
- Lesson 6: Domain 4—Communication and Network Security
- Lesson 7: Domain—5 Identity and Access Management
- Lesson 8: Domain 6—Security Assessment and Testing
- Lesson 9: Domain 7—Security Operations
- Lesson 10: Domain 8—Software Development Security
- Module 3: CISSP Exam and Beyond
- Lesson 11: Taking Your Exam
- Title: CISSP Exam Prep
- Release date: August 2016
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 013464963X
You might also like
Practical Python: Learn Python Basics Step by Step - Python 3
Python is one of the most popular programming languages and gives a lot of scope and …
97 Things Every Information Security Professional Should Know
Whether you're searching for new or additional opportunities, information security can be vast and overwhelming. In …
CISSP, Second Edition
The new CISSP Complete Video Course covering the 2021 CISSP exam is now available. Please use …
The Beginners 2023 Cyber Security Awareness Training Course
This comprehensive video course has been expertly designed to equip individuals of all levels of IT …