Deploy and manage XenServer in your enterprise to create, integrate, manage and automate a virtual datacenter quickly and easily with this book and ebook.
- This book and eBook will take you through deploying XenServer in your enterprise, and teach you how to create and maintain your datacenter.
- Manage XenServer and virtual machines using Citrix management tools and the command line.
- Organize secure access to your infrastructure using role-based access control.
- Back up your host and the highavailability of virtual machines.
- The book contains practical examples and tips by the author from his own experience in clear step by step
Virtualization helps an organization reduce costs and achieve low maintenance. It is fast becoming an important skill for all administrators. Citrix’s XenServer is one of the leading virtualization solutions for enterprises and helps companies reduce costs while allowing them to integrate, automate and easily manage their datacenters. It comes with a steep learning curve, but the results are well worth the effort.
This practical guide on XenServer administration shows you how to manage XenServer pools; create, configure and manage virtual machines and a datacenter. With the help of real-world examples in this book, you will be able to apply these concepts directly in your everyday life. Packed with author’s tips and helpful advice; the book is your best choice for anything related to XenServer administration.
This is the only book that focuses on the most vital aspect of XenServer–administration. You don’t have to struggle through the lesser-documented tasks anymore, this book will provide all the information you need to create and run a perfectly designed datacenter using XenServer.
You will begin your journey towards becoming an expert XenServer administrator by configuring XenServer pools and managing role-based user authentication. Your next step is to create and manage virtual machines. In the following chapters you will learn to configure storage. The book discusses some of the more difficult tasks like configuring and managing VM memory. In the end you will be capable of handling your datacenter and virtual machines through a network, and you will learn how to monitor and backup your XenServer setup. All through the book, the author adds his helpful tips and advice that will help you choose the best options for your setup.
Table of Contents
Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration Essential Guide
- Table of Contents
- Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration Essential Guide
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
1. Introducing XenServer Resource Pools
- XenServer resource pool overview
- XenServer resource pool requirements
- Creating a XenServer resource pool
- Creating a heterogeneous XenServer resource pool
- Designating a new pool master host
- Removing a XenServer host from a resource pool
- Preparing a XenServer host for maintenance
- Licensing XenServer
2. Managing User Authentication
- User management overview
- Authenticating users with Active Directory
- Role Based Access Control overview
- Roles and Permissions
- Assigning roles to users and groups
3. Managing Storage Repositories
- Storage overview
- Storage technologies and protocols
- Storage in XenServer
- Creating Storage Repositories
- Managing Storage Repositories
- Storage multipathing
4. Creating Virtual Machines
- Overview of virtual machines
- Overview of virtual machines creation
- Creating virtual machines
5. Managing Virtual Machines
- Managing virtual machines
- Importing and exporting virtual machines
- Converting a physical machine
- Managing vApps
- 6. Managing XenServer and Virtual Machine Memory
7. Managing XenServer Networking
- XenServer networking
- Managing networking
- Managing VLANs
- Managing bonds
- Distributed vSwitch Controller overview
8. Managing High Availability and Snapshots
- Overview of High Availability
- Configuring High Availability
- Managing snapshots
9. Protecting and Monitoring XenServer
- Overview of backup and virtual machine protection
- Protection and recovery of virtual machines
- Overview of Workload Balancing
- Installing Workload Balancing Virtual Appliance
- Configuring Workload Balancing
- Managing Workload Balancing settings
- Monitoring performances with Workload Balancing
- A. Supported Guest Operating Systems and Virtual Machine Templates
- B. Applying Updates and Hotfixes
- Title: Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration Essential Guide
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849686167