Discover practical techniques to build cloud-native apps that are scalable, reliable, and always available.About This Book
- Build well-designed and secure microservices. Enrich your microservices with continous integration and monitoring.
- Containerize your application with Docker
- Deploy your application to AWS. Learn how to utilize the powerful AWS services from within your application
- Understand modern software applications architectures
- Build secure microservices that can effectively communicate with other services
- Get to know about event-driven architectures by diving into message queues such as Kafka, Rabbitmq, and AWS SQS.
- Understand key modern database technologies such as MongoDB, and Amazon’s DynamoDB
- Leverage the power of containers
- Explore Amazon cloud services fundamentals
- Know how to utilize the power of the Go language to access key services in the Amazon cloud such as S3, SQS, DynamoDB and more.
- Build front-end applications using ReactJS with Go
- Implement CD for modern applications
Awarded as one of the best books of all time by BookAuthority, Cloud Native Programming with Golang will take you on a journey into the world of microservices and cloud computing with the help of Go.
Cloud computing and microservices are two very important concepts in modern software architecture. They represent key skills that ambitious software engineers need to acquire in order to design and build software applications capable of performing and scaling. Go is a modern cross-platform programming language that is very powerful yet simple; it is an excellent choice for microservices and cloud applications. Go is gaining more and more popularity, and becoming a very attractive skill.
This book provides practical techniques, code examples, and architectural patterns required to build cloud native microservices in the Go language. It progresses through the subjects in a step-by-step manner. In each step, we cover the technical concepts behind it, the design considerations, and the code needed to build it.
Downloading the example code for this book You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this book elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
- Modern Microservice Architectures
- Building Microservices Using Rest APIs
- Securing Microservices
Asynchronous Microservice Architectures Using Message Queues
- The publish/subscribe pattern
- Introducing the booking service
- Event collaboration
- Implementing publish/subscribe with RabbitMQ
- Event sourcing
- Implementing publish/subscribe and event sourcing with Apache Kafka
Building a Frontend with React
- Getting started with React
- Basic React principles
- Building the event list components
Deploying Your Application in Containers
- What are containers?
- Introduction to Docker
- Working with volumes
- Deploying your application with Docker Compose
- Publishing your images
- Deploying your application to the cloud
- Introduction to Kubernetes
AWS I – Fundamentals, AWS SDK for Go, and EC2
- AWS fundamentals
- AWS SDK for Go
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- AWS II–S3, SQS, API Gateway, and DynamoDB
- Continuous Delivery
Monitoring Your Application
- Setting up Prometheus and Grafana
- Exporting metrics
- Running Prometheus on Kubernetes
- What is a monolithic application?
- What are microservices?
- Migrating from monolithic applications to microservices
- Microservices design patterns
- Where to Go from Here?
- Title: Cloud Native programming with Golang
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781787125988
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Hands-On Software Architecture with Golang
Understand the principles of software architecture with coverage on SOA, distributed and messaging systems, and database …
Building RESTful Web services with Go
Explore the necessary concepts of REST API development by building few real world services from scratch. …
Go Programming Cookbook - Second Edition
Tackle the trickiest of problems in Go programming with this practical guide Key Features Develop applications …