Learn about Cloudera Impala--an open source project that's opening up the Apache Hadoop software stack to a wide audience of database analysts, users, and developers. The Impala massively parallel processing (MPP) engine makes SQL queries of Hadoop data simple enough to be accessible to analysts familiar with SQL and to users of business intelligence tools--and it’s fast enough to be used for interactive exploration and experimentation.
Table of Contents
- Impala’s Place in the Big Data Ecosystem
- How Impala Fits Into Your Big Data Workflow
- Coming to Impala from an RDBMS Background
- Coming to Impala from a Unix or Linux Background
- Coming to Impala from an Apache Hadoop Background
- Getting Started with Impala
- Title: Cloudera Impala
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491949474