As a business owner, you are probably faced with hundreds of decisions that must be made weekly. Diving headlong into a technical effort might be scary. Diving into a security and operations effort is something you likely don't know how to do.
That's where this book comes in. This book helps you fill in the blanks for often-overlooked operational and security aspects of your business that lead to security breaches, downtime, excessive financial costs, and more bad things that go bump in the night.
This book is written in a very straightforward manner, and is oriented toward the owners of small and medium-sized businesses. You won't need a degree in computer science to follow along. Rather, this book has been written for the average person who utilizes technology in his or her business.
Business owners are often misled when it comes to technical and security matters because of a lack of knowledge. This is a handbook of distilled knowledge. It's not meant to make you a technical expert. Rather this book has been geared toward business owners to help alleviate that lack of knowledge.
Within these pages, you will find a number of valuable lessons:
- Choosing proper hosting for your business
- Choosing the right CMS to use for your business
- Recovering when a hacker attacks your site
- Reading your log files to spot and prevent trouble
- Writing a simple (but effective) plan for disasters
- Learning how, why, and when to patch your websites
- Hardening the web server against attack ...