Coach of agile coaches and agile trainer Lyssa Adkins teaches
the skills, tools and mindsets agile coaches need to guide their
teams to extraordinary performance in a re-energized agile work
In 8 lessons, Coaching Agile Teams LiveLessons covers how to become a good agile coach, change the mindsets and behaviors needed to do the coaching job well, prove that your work adds value, help others fully occupy their agile roles, make agile meetings purposeful and productive, navigate conflict on teams, and foster collaboration within the team to develop great ideas.
This LiveLessons video covers material not included in the in-person Coaching Agile Teams training course offered by the Agile Coaching Institute. This video is a great way for you to develop your skills or compliment the skills you’ve already developed if you’ve taken the in-person training course.
About the Author:
Lyssa Adkins came to agile as a project leader with over fifteen years’ project management success. Even with all that experience, nothing prepared her for the power and simplicity of Agile done well. Since 2004, she has taught thousands of people in basic agile and advanced agile coaching, coached many agile teams and been a master coach to dozens of apprentice coaches. Coaching coaches one-on-one and in small groups, she enjoys a front-row seat as remarkable agile coaches emerge and go on to entice the very best from the teams and organizations they coach. Lyssa’s agile experience, along with her professional coaching and training abilities, gives her the perspective needed to guide teams and agile leaders to harness agile as the competitive advantage weapon it was meant to be. She knows the transformation path is rocky. As a large-scale program manager and director of project management offices turned agile coach and trainer, she has lived it herself. This makes her uniquely able to help others change their existing world to the agile world. Lyssa holds key certifications: Certified Scrum Coach (CSC), Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), Project Management Professional (PMP), and Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB). She is also a trained co-active coach and will soon be an Organizational and Relationship Systems Certified Coach (ORSCC). For more information, visit www.AgileCoachingInstitute.com.
Table of contents
Lesson 1: How do I become an Agile Coach?
- Learning objectives 00:00:58
- Setting the context 00:03:58
- The “doing” and the “being” of good agile coaching 00:08:13
- Pathways to becoming an agile coach 00:07:13
- The native wiring that predicts success 00:06:56
Lesson 2: What mindsets need to change?
- Learning objectives 00:01:29
- Setting the context 00:03:37
- Identify the beliefs of plan-driven management 00:02:49
- Work with the natural forces governing projects 00:02:19
- Replace plan-driven beliefs with reality-based beliefs 00:09:37
Lesson 3: What behaviors need to change?
- Learning objectives 00:01:22
- Setting the context 00:03:50
- Increase your self-awareness: Conflict response 00:07:28
- Increase your self-awareness: Communication patterns 00:05:32
- Increase your self-awareness: Servent-leadership position 00:06:16
- Increase your self-awareness: Emotional intelligent quotient 00:06:15
- Recover from command-and-control-ism 00:08:36
- Take practical steps toward agile-enhancing behaviors 00:04:51
- Lesson 4: How do I prove my value?
- Lesson 5: How do I help the agile roles become fully occupied?
- Lesson 6: How do I make agile meetings purposeful and productive?
- Lesson 7: How do I change negative or repressed conflict into something productive?
- Lesson 8: How do I help the team come up with great ideas?
- Title: Coaching Agile Teams
- Release date: September 2012
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 0133137899
You might also like
Scrum Fundamentals and Advanced
Overview Scrum Fundamentals and Advanced LiveLessons Description Scrum Fundamentals Advanced Scrum About the Instructor Tommy Norman …
Scrum Product Owner
4+ Hours of Video Instruction Learn how to maximize your role as Product Owner in the …
Agile Foundations LiveLessons
More than 4 hours of live training to teach you what you need to know about …
3+ Hours of Video Instruction Scrum Fundamentals LiveLessons In this video training, Tommy Norman (CSM, CSP, …