2Getting in Shape to Coach
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe your coaching mission.
• Execute the four primary roles of a coach.
• Implement three techniques for building rapport with coachees.
• Select the coaching relationships in which you want to invest the most time.
• Utilize your coaching style for maximum effectiveness.
Have you ever participated in a sport or played an instrument? Perhaps you exercise as part of your daily routine or act in a local theater group? If you do any of these things, you know the importance of preparation—whether you are getting ready to play a set of tennis, perform ...