5Delivering Coaching Feedback
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe the purpose and characteristics of effective feedback.
• Construct and deliver good feedback messages.
• Deliver difficult feedback.
• Deliver just-in-time feedback.
• Lead a peer feedback meeting.
The legendary Ted Williams of the Boston Red Sox had a goal of being the greatest hitter who ever lived. But what most people don’t realize is the extent to which Williams sought feedback. Ted knew that no matter how much talent a person has, we don’t see ourselves as others see us. Feedback provides that fresh, objective lens. A coach steps ...