Chapter 10. Code-Reading Tools
Give us the tools and we will finish the job.
When reading code you are most of the time fortunate enough to have the code accessible on-line. This means you can process the source code with tools to enhance your reading efficiency and understanding. The following are typical tasks you might want to perform on a body of code.
• Identify the declaration of a particular entity to determine the type of a function, variable, method, template, or interface.
• Locate where a particular entity is defined, for example, find the body of a function or class.
• Go through the places where an entity is used.
• List deviations from coding standards.
• Discover code structures that might help you understand ...