Mix-and-match toys take a variety of forms, from Mr. Potato Head to paper dolls. Now, you can create a virtual mix-and-match toy in the form of a monster generator called Monster Mashup.
Monster Mashup invites you to paint a collection of crazy monster parts — hair, faces, bodies, and feet — and then code an interface that allows a player to mix and match parts to create a new monster. You’ll program drop-down lists and buttons to assign parts based on player choices, and build a Mashup button that randomly mashes parts together!
Around Halloween, kids love coding Monster Mashup. But at other times of the year, they produce a wide variety of other mix-and-match toys. What are some options you can dream up?
- Potato people parts, similar to Mr. Potato Head
- Sports smashup featuring jumbled-up sports attire
- Fashionista diva dress-up doll
- School lunch smorgasbord (entrée, side, beverage, dessert)
- Celebrity family (mixed-up moms, dads, and kids)
Start a New Project
Begin creating your Monster Mashup toy by starting a new project as follows:
- Start MicroWorlds EX.
- From the yellow MicroWorlds ...