Praise for Commodity Fundamentals
"Commodity Fundamentals is THE book for investors looking to enter the commodity markets. This informative guide is a welcome addition on the subject and is a must-read for commodity investors."
-Jim Atkinson, President, Guinness Atkinson Funds
"Ronald Spurga's Commodity Fundamentals is an illuminating and very useful guide for the subject. A welcome addition to any business library." -Robert F. Himmelberg, PhD, Dean, Fordham's Graduate School of Business Administration
"A straightforward introduction crafted for the individual on the mechanics of commodity trading. The author efficiently negotiates the often confusing yet very topical commodity trading world for the individual."
-Terence A. Mullervy, Finance Director, Glencore UK Ltd.
Commodity Fundamentals provides you with the in-depth insights needed to make commodities trading a profitable, integral component of your overall trading activities. Written by Ronald Spurga, a Vice President of ABN AMRO Bank and longtime veteran of the investment banking wars, this straightforward guide arms you with the information you need to succeed in the highly profitable commodity marketplace-whether you are a trading veteran, a relative newcomer, or anywhere in between.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
PART ONE: Should You Speculate?
- CHAPTER 1: Guidelines for Commodity Speculation
- CHAPTER 2: The Speculator and the Commodity Exchanges
- CHAPTER 3: The Mechanics of Trading
- PART TWO: Techniques for Trading Physical Commodities
- PART THREE: Speculating in Metals
- PART FOUR: Speculating in Energy
- PART FIVE: Speculating in Tropical Commodities
PART SIX: Speculating in Agricultural Commodities and Meats
- CHAPTER 20: Grain
- CHAPTER 21: Cattle
- CHAPTER 22: Hogs
- CHAPTER 23: A Word about Forecasting Supply and Demand in Meats
- PART SEVEN: Final Considerations
- Glossary of Common Commodity Trading Terms
- Title: Commodity Fundamentals: How to Trade the Precious Metals, Energy, Grain, and Tropical Commodity Markets
- Release date: September 2006
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780471788515