Chapter 9. Design Briefs
A document describing the design problem and establishing a foundation of objectives, principles, and requirements.
A design brief is a document prepared at the beginning of the project to summarize its objectives and parameters from the design perspective. To varying degrees, it:
• Articulates the objectives of the project
• Positions the project in a larger context
• States the design problem
• Establishes other parameters, like timing
• Summarizes any inputs, like technical, content, or user requirements
• Defines the direction or approach the designers will take
The problem with design briefs is that they sometimes ...