When you complete this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe key strategies for delivering clear spoken messages.
• Explain how to use communications skills to influence others.
• Describe actions you can take to ensure that your message is received and understood.
• Communicate your ideas clearly in a meeting.
• Deliver a message clearly on the phone.
• Use communications skills to give feedback, criticize, and deliver unwelcome news.
There is a purpose to even the most casual conversation. In one situation, your purpose might be to pass along information; in another, you might want ...