Improving communication is one of the most important – and challenging – issues that management accountants face. In a global survey of CFOs, Ernst & Young said: “Despite two thirds of respondents saying that increasingly they act as the public face of the organization, most point to communication and influencing as the most important area for improvement.”
In this publication you will learn:
- How do management accountants know if they are effectively communicating?
- What are the most effective techniques for improving their communication skills?
This book is specifically designed to meet the needs and interests of management accountants. It draws on interviews with finance professionals at every level of corporate accounting, as well as with communication consultants, executive recruiters and educators. It looks at how management accountants communicate inside and outside their organizations, identifies best practices, and gives hands-on strategies that accountants can use right away.
Readers will discover how to:
- Move their current communication skills to a higher level.
- Recognize the importance of communication within the context of their financial manager function.
- Understand the right way to deliver bad news and resolve conflicts.
- Manage the impact of new technologies on traditional communication channels.
- Develop the skills to use active listening as the foundation for positive communication tactics.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
Chapter 1: Business Communication: Issues For Management Accountants
- The Changing Role of the CFO
- CFO Responsibilities
- Specific Communication Challenges CFOs Face
- Core Skills for Management Accountants
- Chapter Summary
- Chapter 2: Developing Communication Competence: From School to CFO
- Chapter 3: Communication Skills
- Chapter 4: Communicating in the Workplace
- Chapter 5: Write From the Start
- Chapter 6: Writing the Report
- Chapter 7: Presentations: Planning and Preparing
Chapter 8: Presentations: Designing and Delivering
- Preparing Notes for Your Presentation
- Preparing Visuals for Your Presentation
- Designing Your Slide Presentation
- Delivering Your Presentation
- Chapter Summary
- Chapter 9: Social Media in Business
- Appendix A: Interviews
- Appendix B: Corporate Accounting Career Paths
- Appendix C: Business Proposals
- Appendix D: Checklist for Writing Reports
- Appendix E: Checklist for Presentations
- Appendix F: Resources
- Title: Communications
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781937351960
You might also like
Storytelling with Data
Influence action through data! This is not a book. It is a one-of-a-kind immersive learning experience …
Communicate more easily and effectively in any situation! Every day, you have the opportunity to interact …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
English Grammar Workbook For Dummies, with Online Practice, 3rd Edition
Improve your English grammar You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by using proper …