Improving communication is one of the most important – and challenging – issues that management accountants face. In a global survey of CFOs, Ernst & Young said: “Despite two thirds of respondents saying that increasingly they act as the public face of the organization, most point to communication and influencing as the most important area for improvement.”
In this publication you will learn:
- How do management accountants know if they are effectively communicating?
- What are the most effective techniques for improving their communication skills?
This book is specifically designed to meet the needs and interests of management accountants. It draws on interviews with finance professionals at every level of corporate accounting, as well as with communication consultants, executive recruiters and educators. It looks at how management accountants communicate inside and outside their organizations, identifies best practices, and gives hands-on strategies that accountants can use right away.
Readers will discover how to:
- Move their current communication skills to a higher level.
- Recognize the importance of communication within the context of their financial manager function.
- Understand the right way to deliver bad news and resolve conflicts.
- Manage the impact of new technologies on traditional communication channels.
- Develop the skills to use active listening as the foundation for positive communication tactics.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
Chapter 1: Business Communication: Issues For Management Accountants
- The Changing Role of the CFO
- CFO Responsibilities
- Specific Communication Challenges CFOs Face
- Core Skills for Management Accountants
- Chapter Summary
- Chapter 2: Developing Communication Competence: From School to CFO
- Chapter 3: Communication Skills
- Chapter 4: Communicating in the Workplace
- Chapter 5: Write From the Start
- Chapter 6: Writing the Report
- Chapter 7: Presentations: Planning and Preparing
Chapter 8: Presentations: Designing and Delivering
- Preparing Notes for Your Presentation
- Preparing Visuals for Your Presentation
- Designing Your Slide Presentation
- Delivering Your Presentation
- Chapter Summary
- Chapter 9: Social Media in Business
- Appendix A: Interviews
- Appendix B: Corporate Accounting Career Paths
- Appendix C: Business Proposals
- Appendix D: Checklist for Writing Reports
- Appendix E: Checklist for Presentations
- Appendix F: Resources
- Title: Communications
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781937351960
You might also like
Python for Finance, 2nd Edition
The financial industry has recently adopted Python at a tremendous rate, with some of the largest …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Introducing Python, 2nd Edition
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for …
Python for Programmers, First Edition
The professional programmer's Deitel® guide to Python® with introductory artificial intelligence case studies Written for programmers …