What you will learn in this chapter
- What is a Run-Time environment for a program?
- What is the basic CPU and Memory environment?
- What are different methods of storage allocation?
- What is an Activation Record?
- What are different types of Activation Records?
- What are different methods of passing parameters to a subroutine?
- How is memory allocation managed for a block-structured language?
- How are the scope and visibility of a variable determined?
- How is a running program controlled by an Operating System?
- What are System Calls?
- What is a Language library?
- How does one create an application-specific library?
- What are system environmental parameters?
- How are the command-line invocation parameters passed?