In this chapter you will learn:
• To recognize and identify important motherboard parts
• To explain the basics of how a processor works
• What issues to consider when upgrading or replacing the motherboard or processor
• How to add cards to computers and mobile devices
• The differences between PCI, PCI-X, AGP, and PCIe adapters and slots
• About motherboard technologies such as HyperTransport, Hyper-Threading, and multi-core
• The benefits of active listening
CompTIA Exam Objectives
What CompTIA A+ exam objectives are covered in this chapter?
✓ 801-1.2 Differentiate between motherboard components, ...