Chapter 7. Storage Devices
In this chapter you will learn:
• How to install a floppy drive
• Basic hard drive terms
• About IDE, SCSI, PATA, SATA, parallel SCSI, SAS, and SSD technologies
• How to configure storage devices
• How to fix storage device problems
• How to keep the hard drive healthy
• Effective phone communication
CompTIA Exam Objectives
What CompTIA A+ exam objectives are covered in this chapter?
✓ 801-1.1 Configure and apply BIOS settings.
✓ 801-1.5 Install and configure storage devices and use appropriate media.
✓ 801-1.7 Compare and contrast various connection interfaces and explain their purpose.
✓ 801-1.11 ...