Get CompTIA® A+ 220-701 and 220-702 Cert Guide, Second edition now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.
This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Fundamental Features of Laptops and Portable Devices—In this section you will learn about the components of a laptop. This section also describes what makes a laptop different from a PC.
• Configuring Power Management—This section describes ACPI, APM, and how to make the most out of your battery power.
• Applications for Portable and Laptop Hardware—This section talks about WLAN, Bluetooth, Ethernet connections, and other applications specific to laptops.
• Safe Removal of Laptop-Specific Hardware—This section demonstrates how to remove hard drives, memory, batteries, and more!
• Portable and Laptop Diagnostics—This section demonstrates how to troubleshoot ...