This chapter covers the following subjects:
• Drive Interface Types—How internal and external drives connect to the system.
• Hard Disk Drives—Hard drives are the most common and most important storage devices. You learn about SATA, PATA (IDE), jumpering, installation, creating arrays of redundant disks, and optimizing performance.
• SSD and Flash Drives—This section discusses SSD drives and flash media, such as USB thumb drives, memory cards, and card readers, and how to use and optimize them.
• RAID—The major features and benefits of RAID arrays, differences between 0, 1, 5, and 10, and how to install and configure a RAID array.
• Optical Drives—This section describes the various types of CD, DVD, and Blu-ray drives ...