More than 19 hours of video training covering all the objectives in the CompTIA A+ 220-902 exam.
CompTIA A+ 220-902 is a unique video product that provides a solid understanding of A+ skills. The purpose of these videos is to act as quick and concise hands-on training that is easily absorbed. The modules in this course cover every objective in the CompTIA A+ 220-902 exam and can be used as your sole resource for learning the material needed to study for and pass the test. You can also use this as a supplement to other A+ training.
Five modules map to the main objectives of the CompTIA A+ 220-902 exam. These modules contain 28 lessons with videos totaling more than 19 hours that includes hands-on demonstrations, audio instruction, animations, whiteboard training, and configurations. The videos also include numerous hands-on networking, OS and UI demos, real-world troubleshooting methods, and security concepts with hands-on solutions.
About the Instructor
David L. Prowse is an author, computer network specialist, and technical trainer. Over the past several years he has authored several titles for Pearson, including the well-received CompTIA A+ Exam Cram and CompTIA Security+ Cert Guide. As a consultant, he installs and secures the latest in computer and networking technology. Over the past decade he has also taught CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ certification courses, both in the classroom and via the Internet. He runs the website www.davidlprowse.com, where he gladly answers questions from students and readers.
What You Will Learn
- All the objectives in the CompTIA A+ 220-902 exam
- Real-world skills
Who Should Take This Course
The target audience for CompTIA A+ 220-902 are people looking to pass the CompTIA exam as well as those interested in entering the IT field, current computer technicians, help desk technicians, and LAN support specialists. The product focuses heavily on building a computer, hands-on configurations, mobile and device labs, and real-world troubleshooting.
Users should have a basic working knowledge of computers.Module 1: Windows Operating Systems
This module covers the various Windows versions and features, including how to install Windows, the Control Panel utilities, administrative tools and other advanced tools, the command prompt, Windows networking, and preventive maintenance of Windows. You learn how to perform configurations on three systems: a laptop running Windows 8.1 Standard Edition, the AV Editor desktop computer, which runs Windows 8.1 Pro, and the Media PC desktop computer, which runs Windows 7 Ultimate. You also learn how to use virtual machines as necessary and walk through a Windows 8 installation.
Module 2: Other Operating Systems and Technologies
This module looks at other OSes, such as OS X, Linux, Android , and iOS. We also explore client-side virtualization, cloud-based technologies, servers and networked hosts, mobile operating system features, mobile device connectivity, mobile device synchronization, and computer networking, while also reviewing the types of wired and wireless connections that you can make from a PC. We also take a look at TCP/IP configuration so you can link to other computers on the network and connect to the Internet.
Module 3: Security
This module discusses threats and vulnerabilities to your operating systems and applications. You also learn common security methods, implement Windows security settings, and cover the best practices for workstation security. Then, you learn data disposal techniques and how to secure small office and home office networks and the SOHO routers that provide connectivity to their computers.
Module 4: Software Troubleshooting
By far, this is the most important topic in the realm of A+. Operating systems will fail it's your job as a technician to fix them. In this module we show exactly how to troubleshoot operating system problems. We also troubleshoot security issues and perform both of these types of troubleshooting on desktop systems and mobile systems.
Module 5: Operational Procedures
This lesson focuses on your safety and that of your co-workers and shows how to implement proper safety procedures. We'll also discuss environmental concerns, how to respond to incidents and how to approach prohibited content. Finally, we get into the communication techniques and professionalism that will be expected of you in the IT field.
About the series
s are Pearson’s flagship video learning solution. Designed specifically for IT pros, developers, sys admins, network engineers, and certification candidates,s feature the highest quality video learning and interactive courseware led by the industry’s most respected author trainers.s combine A-to-Z topical coverage with hands-on exercises and interactive assessments so you can master new skills and test your knowledge. This is ideal for certification exam prep and learning new technologies from the ground up. Exercises include dynamic hands-on simulations, real-world CLI demos, content exercises that help you truly learn the topics in each module, and interactive practice questions designed to test your knowledge while you study.s are easy-to-follow, step-by-step, streaming video labs that allow you to train from anywhere on any device. Your purchase provides you with lifetime online access to the content.
Table of contents
Module 01: Windows Operating Systems
- Module 1 Intro 00:02:05
- Lesson 1: Windows Features and Requirements
- Lesson 2: Installing Windows
- Lesson 3: Windows Control Panel Utilities
- Lesson 4: Windows Features and Tools
- Lesson 5: Command Prompt Tools
- Lesson 6: Windows Networking
- Lesson 7: Preventative Maintenance for Windows
Module 02: Other Operating Systems and Technologies
- Module 2 Intro 00:02:05
- Lesson 8: OS X and Linux
- Lesson 9: Client-side Virtualization
- Lesson 10: The Cloud
- Lesson 11: Servers and Networked Hosts
- Lesson 12: Mobile OS Features
- Lesson 13: Mobile Device Connectivity
- Lesson 14: Mobile Device Synchronization
Module 03: Security
- Module 3 Intro 00:01:35
- Lesson 15: Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Lesson 16: Common Security Methods
- Lesson 17: Windows Security Settings
- Lesson 18: Workstation Security - Best Practices
- Lesson 19: Data Disposal and Destruction
- Lesson 20: SOHO Security
Module 04: Software Troubleshooting
- Module 4 Intro 00:01:34
Lesson 21: Troubleshooting Operating System Problems
- Learning objectives 00:00:57
- 21.1 Review of the A+ Troubleshooting Process 00:08:50
- 21.2 Troubleshooting Windows Operating System Failures 00:12:09
- 21.3 Troubleshooting Windows Operating System Failures Part II 00:09:39
- 21.4 Windows Recovery Environment and Boot Options 00:18:53
- 21.5 Troubleshooting a Boot Issue 00:09:14
- 21.6 Windows Troubleshooting Utilities 00:15:12
- 21.7 Windows Troubleshooting Utilities Part II 00:08:48
- 21.8 Linux Operating System Failures 00:05:10
- Lesson 22: Troubleshooting Security Issues
- Lesson 23: Troubleshooting Mobile OS Issues
- Lesson 24: Troubleshooting Mobile OS Security Problems
Module 05: Operational Procedures
- Module 5 Intro 00:01:31
- Lesson 25: Safety Procedures
- Lesson 26: Environmental Concerns
- Lesson 27: Incident Response and Prohibited Content
- Lesson 28: Communication and Professionalism
- CompTIA A+ 220-902: Summary 00:01:30
- Title: CompTIA A+ 220-902
- Release date: April 2016
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 0134437802
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
More Than 16 Hours of Video Instruction Overview CCNA 200-301 Complete Video Course is a comprehensive …
CompTIA Linux+ XK0-004, 2nd Edition
20+ Hours of Video Instruction Description CompTIA Linux+ has more than 20 hours of comprehensive video …