Answers to Performance-Based Questions
Chapter 1: Motherboards, Processors, and Memory
1. Unplug the power cable from the computer.
2. Open the system cover to gain access to the memory slots.
3. Pull the tabs on either end of the DIMM away from the DIMM.
4. Pull the loose DIMM straight out of the slot and away from the motherboard.
5. Ensure that the locking tabs are completely opened and out of the way of the slot.
6. Insert the new DIMM straight down into the slot.
7. Apply firm and even pressure downward until the locking tabs automatically snap into place.
8. Nudge the tabs inward toward the module to make sure they are tight.
9. Close the system cover.
10. Reconnect all necessary cables.
11. Boot the system to confirm that the ...