Peripherals and Expansion
The following CompTIA A+ 220-801 objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 1.4 Install and configure expansion cards.
- Sound cards
- Video cards
- Network cards
- Serial and parallel cards
- USB cards
- FireWire cards
- Storage cards
- Modem cards
- Wireless/cellular cards
- TV tuner cards
- Video capture cards
- Riser cards
- 1.7 Compare and contrast various connection interfaces and explain their purpose.
- Physical connections
- USB 1.1 vs. 2.0 vs. 3.0 speed and distance characteristics (connector types: A, B, mini, micro)
- FireWire 400 vs. FireWire 800 speed and distance characteristics
- SATA1 vs. SATA2 vs. SATA3, eSATA, IDE speeds
- Other connector types (Serial, Parallel, VGA, HDMI, DVI, Audio, RJ-45, RJ-11)
- Analog vs. digital transmission ...