Installing Wireless and SOHO Networks
The following CompTIA A+ 220-801 Certification Exam objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 2.5 Compare and contrast wireless networking standards and encryption types.
- Standards: 802.11 a/b/g/n; Speeds, distances, and frequencies
- Encryption types: WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES
- 2.6 Install, configure, and deploy a SOHO wireless/wired router using appropriate settings.
- MAC filtering
- Channels (1–11)
- Port forwarding, port triggering
- SSID broadcast (on/off)
- Wireless encryption
- DHCP (on/off)
- Basic QoS
- 2.7 Compare and contrast Internet connection types and features.
- Cellular (mobile hotspot)
- Line of sight wireless internet service