The following CompTIA A+ Exam 220-801 objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 3.1 Install and configure laptop hardware and components.
- Expansion options: Express card/34, Express card/54, PCMCIA, SODIMM, Flash
- Hardware/device replacement: Keyboard, Hard Drive (2.5 vs. 3.5), Memory, Optical drive, Wireless card, Mini-PCIe, Screen, DC jack, Battery, Touchpad, Plastics, Speaker, System board, CPU
- 3.2 Compare and contrast the components within the display of a laptop.
- Types: LCD, LED, OLED, Plasma
- Wi-Fi antenna connector/placement
- Inverter and its function
- 3.3 Compare and contrast laptop features.
- Special function keys: Dual displays, Wireless (on/off), Volume settings, Screen brightness, Bluetooth ...