Understanding Operational Procedures
The following CompTIA A+ 220-801 Exam objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 5.1 Given a scenario, use appropriate safety procedures.
- ESD straps
- ESD mats
- Equipment grounding
- Personal safety
- Disconnect power before repairing PC
- Remove jewelry
- Lifting techniques
- Weight limitations
- Electrical fire safety
- CRT safety – proper disposal
- Cable management
- Compliance with local government regulations
- 5.2 Explain environmental impacts and the purpose of environmental controls.
- MSDS documentation for handling and disposal
- Temperature, humidity level awareness and proper ventilation
- Power surges, brownouts, blackouts
- Battery backup
- Surge suppressor
- Protection from airborne particles
- Enclosures ...