Operating System Administration
The following CompTIA A+ 220-802 Exam objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 1.1 Compare and contrast the features and requirements of various Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Features: User account control, compatibility mode, administrative tools, security center, event viewer, file structure and paths, category view vs. classic view
- 1.2 Given a scenario, install, and configure the operating system using the most appropriate method.
- Partitioning: Dynamic, Basic, Primary, Extended, Logical
- File system types/formatting: FAT, FAT32, NTFS, CDFS, Quick format vs. full format
- Load alternate third party drivers when necessary
- Workgroup vs. Domain setup
- Time/date/region/language settings
- Driver installation, ...