Troubleshooting Theory, OSs, and Security
The following CompTIA A+ 220-802 Exam objectives are covered in this chapter:
- 4.1 Given a scenario, explain the troubleshooting theory.
- Identify the problem: Question the user and identify user changes to computer and perform backups before making changes
- Establish a theory of probable cause (question the obvious)
- Test the theory to determine cause: Once theory is confirmed determine next steps to resolve problem; If theory is not confirmed re-establish new theory or escalate
- Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution
- Verify full system functionality and if applicable implement preventive measures
- Document findings, actions, and outcomes
- 4.6 Given a ...