Input and Output Ports and Peripherals
In this chapter, you will learn how to
• Differentiate among expansion card and slot types
• Identify the common ports and connectors on a PC
• Describe the types, technologies, and connectors for monitors
• Explain standard input devices
• Describe other common I/O devices
In Chapter 2 you learned about the essential processing components of a computer: the central processing unit (CPU), memory, motherboard, and power supply. Without any one of those, a computer doesn’t function.
This chapter explores ways to expand the capabilities of a computing device through expansion slots and common ports. We’ll look at monitors, the primary output device for most computers, and examine standard input ...