Managing Linux Software
In this chapter, you will learn about
• Defining package managers
• Red Hat Package Manager (RPM)
• Debian package management
• Installing packages from a source
• Managing shared libraries
As a Linux system administrator, you need to know how to install and manage software on a Linux system. The exam includes questions testing your knowledge of the RPM, yum, dnf, and zypper package management tools.
What Is a Package Manager?
Regardless of which package manager your distribution uses, it will perform tasks similar to all package managers, including the following:
• Installing software
• Updating software that has already been installed
• Uninstalling software