CHAPTER 12Advanced Networking Devices
The CompTIA Network+ certification exam expects you to know how to
• 1.2 Classify how applications, devices, and protocols relate to the OSI model layers: multilayer switch
• 1.4 Explain the purpose and properties of routing and switching: VLAN, port mirroring
• 2.1 Given a scenario, install and configure routers and switches: VLAN, managed vs. unmanaged, traffic filtering, VTP, QoS, port mirroring
• 2.5 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common router and switch problems: port configuration, VLAN assignment
• 3.5 Describe different network topologies: peer to peer, client/server
• 4.2 Explain the purpose and features of various network appliances: load balancer, proxy server, content filter, VPN concentrator ...