Learn, prepare, and practice for exam success
Master every topic on the newest 2010 Network+ exam.
Assess your knowledge and focus your learning.
Get the practical workplace knowledge you need!
Start-to-finish Network+ preparation from top network administrator, consultant, and best-selling Network+ author Mike Harwood!
Master every Network+ topic!
Networking components, devices, media, and connectors
TCP/IP protocols, addressing, and routing
Ethernet networking standards
Wide area networks
The OSI Model
Network performance and optimization
Troubleshooting procedures and best practices
Command-line networking tools
Network management tools
Network access security
Security technologies and malicious software
Test your knowledge, build your confidence, and succeed!
Packed with visuals to help you learn fast
Dozens of troubleshooting scenarios
Real-world Network+ prep advice from experts
Easy-to-use exam preparation task lists
From Mike Harwood, professional network systems manager, consultant, and author of three best-selling books on the Network+ exam
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Chapter 1. Introduction to Computer Networking
- Chapter 2. Media and Connectors
- Chapter 3. Networking Components and Devices
- Chapter 4. Understanding the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Chapter 5. TCP/IP Addressing and Routing
- Chapter 6. Ethernet Networking Standards
- Chapter 7. Wireless Networking
- Chapter 8. Wide Area Networking
- Chapter 9. OSI Model
- Chapter 10. Network Performance and Optimization
- Chapter 11. Troubleshooting Procedures and Best Practices
- Chapter 12. Command-Line Networking Tools
- Chapter 13. Network Management Tools and Documentation Procedures
- Chapter 14. Network Access Security
- Chapter 15. Security Technologies and Malicious Software
- Appendix A. Answers to the Review Questions
- Appendix B. Memory Tables
- Appendix C. Memory Tables Answer Key
- Title: CompTIA Network+ (N10-004) Cert Guide
- Release date: August 2010
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 9780789746313